Sunday, June 13, 2004

Why I don't like to be Tickled.

..Updating my profile on Tickle (wasn't it once eMode) for the first time since 2001. Mostly, this meant changing my Zipcode to Santa Cruz and switching "Some High School completed" to "Some College or Technical School completed.

But this also meant retaking their Ultimate Personality Test.

..check out the following question on the bottom of the last page:

51.
I would really like to have more success with women and dating and would be interested to learn about the "secret psychology" of attraction and specific techniques that guys who are successful with women use.

Yes! I'd love to receive free information that teaches me how to be more successful with women from DoubleYourDating.com

No thanks, I'm already successful with women and dating

Do I need to explain the immense shadiness here? Sticking an Opt-In Prompt inside an otherwise normal personality test? I mean, glory-osky: look at the way they phrased it.

Maybe there was a reason why I haven't been here for 3 years.

..
.
That said, I've found a use for this thing.. this blogged-out derivative of my Good Ol' LiveJournal. I figure I'll use this space to post the irrelevant and meaningless, the moot minutiae of my life, like my distrust of Tickle: Things I want to say, things I'd like to get out there, posted and published and whatnot, but things that really have no business getting mixed in with the very personal, heartfelt, and relevent thoughts on my LJ.

Expect stupid links, and maybe a few memes. But not all that more often than previously available on the LJ. (Which means: Rarely.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home