Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Stuff I Bought Yesterday

9-11: Emergency Relief, Various Authors. (Amazon)
I've been looking for this for a while. Atlantis had a copy, but it got snagged. The Baytree also had a copy, but it was so deliriously beat up, you can tell College Bookstores don't care about comix. Finally, I found me a copy for $7 at Book Shop Santa Cruz. Bless you, Book Shop.

Indestructible Object, They Might Be Giants. (Amazon)
Another $7 at Streetlight. If I did not get TMBG's lastest EP before it went out of print, I would have to resign from TMBG-Fandom, which means withdrawing from tmbgtmbg, turning in my Operator Badge (This thing: @) at #tmbg, and of course: unsubsribing from The List.

Goodbye, My 4-Track, Logan Whitehurst & the Junior Science Club (Amazon)
$10-ish at Streetlight. I've been passively looking for something from this guy for years, but no matter how hard I searched, or how drearily independent the Record Store was, I couldn't find anything by Mr. Logan Whitehurst or his other band (until recently) The Velvet Teen. Dear Mr. Logan, I have finally found and purchased a product of yours.. please enjoy your 75¢ in royalties. You Have Earned It.

Oh, and the latest issues of:
mental_floss
Paste
Too Much Coffee Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home