Saturday, October 02, 2004

I might even post more than once this month.

I was reading the (often humourous) Arcata Eye Police Log today and something in the most recent post struck me as (unintentionally) funny:

8:09 p.m. A different woman happened upon what looked like her stolen bicycle locked up outside an I Street store. She tried the combination on the lock, and it unlocked. Police determined that it was indeed her bike.
While I do appreciate the fact that the thief didn't think to change the bike-lock before going on their daily errands, the fact that the thief used a lock at all cracks me up.

The log doesn't mention anyone getting questioned or arrested, so I assume the cops just let the lady take her bike back and left... So I wonder: When the Thief came out of that store on I street and noticed that the illegally-acquired transportation was gone, do you think they said to themself "Someone just stole my bike?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home