Monday, June 21, 2004

[blogger]: if there's one thing that annoys me..

it's undesireable user interfaces.

such as the way that Blogger notifies you of an HTML error in your posts...

HTML ERROR

Closing tag has no matching opening tag: </a>

That's it.. it dosn't go out of it's way to tell you which anchor tag is broken, it just says one of them is... and in the post above, with tables and links and tags galore, finding One single, broken tag (which still renders correctly in any browser) is a major pain. Oh and did I mention that blogger won't let you post something with an HTML error on it? Sure, I'm as much a stickler for proper coding procedures and conforming to W3C standards as the next guy, but if you're not going to let me post, at least help me with fixing the error.

Oh and double posting is never cool.
(the reason why I'm complaining about a post which, according to the archives, I haven't made yet: It was a double post.. I cannibalized the first one for this rant)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home