Monday, October 25, 2004

Links and Things

  • The Pac-Man Cafe in Orlando, FL. (photo). An entire resaurant/arcade dedicated to the yellow guy himself. On one hand, just the thought of it is cool. On the Other hand, it's kind of sad: like JC Herz mentioned in Joystick Nation, there's something very sad about finding something from your childhood that you experienzed in a very raw fashion... sticky unwashed cabinets, the faint scent of cigarettes and beer in some dark, isolated back room... and seeing it so.. primped-up, family friendly, and safe.

    But that's not why I'm posting about it here. This is. The cafe's menu. Scroll down a couple pages and you'll see what I'm talking about: Custom-Shaped Pac-Man Pizzas.

    Custom-Shaped Pac-Man Pizzas.

    In other words, pizzas we already took took a slice out of.
  • George W. and Ralph Nader are equally hot with Kerry pulling a relatively distant third, according to this extremely scientific poll.
  • If you haven't seen "Badgers" Yet, go here. Once you've explored Weebls-stuff, wait a week or so to reccouperate and then go see what's eroding at my santity lately: Bananaphone.
  • Finally, I've got me a new photoblog. I just finished off posting a bunch of pics from my Choir Tour to England back in 2000. New pics'll be a little sparce for a while, as everything's hosted on flickr, and while I love flickr will all my heart and soul they only give you 10MB of upload bandwidth a month. Annoying, but it's better than 10MB of diskspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home