Monday, July 12, 2004

It all tastes the same to me, anyway.

Something I noticed on the latest commercial in Miller's "President of Beers" ad campaign.

The ad responded to the tagline in Budweiser's latest few commercials, one that could be taken as somewhat of a rebuttal to the whole Beer-Election-thing: "Choose on Taste."

Miller responded by saying "How can they say 'choose on taste' when surveys have shown people say Miller has More Taste than Bud!"

Of course.. our good friend The Disclaimer showed up on the bottom and said, quote:

Results reflect which beer has More Taste or Flavor, NOT Preference, Carb Count, or Smoothness
So in other words, the study didn't say people like Miller more, it just said people could taste it more. so: If I gave you two drinks to test... one of mineral water, and one of rancid milk.. and you told me what you thought, I could go off and tell people "Rancid Milk has More Taste than mineral water!"

Then I could declare myself to be the President of Rancid Milk.

...and considering how long it's been since we've cleaned our fridge and washed out all the dishes in the sink, I don't think I'll have that much competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home